Multiverse-Gaming
Updated Forum Rules
Please see our newly updated forum rules to ensure you stay up to date.
Page
of 3

#FuckForceReflect

27 replies
POPULAR
wrote:
No one has ever said that bc we have paid the most we should be op
wrote:
i guess its cool to hate jedi who have paid double the money and are less productive

In a post about whether or not Jedi is too OP, you specifically used an argument that essentially states "Suggesting to nerf Jedi (hating on jedi) is not okay, because we payed more"

Which does two things, it suggests that due to the fact that Jedi costs more than the other packages you are entitled to preferential treatment over other packages and non-donator regiments, which is not true in the slightest. A donation is a donation and you are not required to do so in the first place, furthermore those you are donating to aren't required to give you anything in return for that donation in the first place. And to suggest because you payed for advantages over others it makes you immune to criticism is frankly a disgusting notion.

Secondly, because you specifically brought up the fact that you payed more in an argument about whether or not Jedi is OP, it would suggest that in your opinion because you payed the most you are entitled to be more OP. whether you meant it to mean this consciously or subconsciously, or whether you understood this implication at all is irrelevant, the fact is you did say that Jedi should be more OP because you payed more. Or at least implied and suggested.

In regards to whether or not reflect is actually too OP, personally I think it is. I'm not sure whether or not the 50% reduction is damage nerf was ever implemented or not, and if it was implemented I'm not sure if it was entirely negated by the server having to be rolled back which is what happened to multiple nerfs within CR that came about from the same post that originally suggested to nerf reflect.

If it turns out that the current version of reflect only does 50% reduction in damage, it's in my opinion, still fucking overpowered beyond belief. Having a weapon that can do 500+ damage in 1 hit consistently in itself is bad enough, near immortality at the same time is a tad too far. By all means keep reflect, but either it's needs to be mechanically nerfed or a rule introduced to prohibit it's inherent over poweredness
8wKEFar.png
Posted Thu at 11:04 pm
Thanks Bud
List
Undo
LORD ABOVE
Ngl when I played Jedi it was OP, Its one of them you don't think its OP till you stop playing it. Some of the powers have been nerfed for good which is sad to see, I miss combustion already. But my time as Jedi always under the assumption that cos we Jedi we get more which at first sounds good, You pay more to get more simple as. But when it gets to a point where people don't want to fight you anymore cos you too OP think that's an issue
tTecqEk.png
Spoiler: CW Ranks.Show
Posted Thu at 11:48 pm · Last edited Thu at 23:50 by Matty
Correct
List
Undo
REGULAR
I think something like a % base decrease is a good idea if its causing issues for other players :)
Posted Fri at 12:35 am · Last edited Fri at 2:11 by Karo
Correct
List
Undo
POPULAR
Since the update, I am not 100% sure however I'm 99% sure that the Jedi haven't made a bug report for the nerf that was already given for the Reflect. Since a slight rollback, this has changed it back to the original reflect. Meaning it needs to be changed to the nerf.
5metz4M.png
Posted Fri at 12:17 pm
Thanks Bud
List
Undo
Administrator
POPULAR
The nerf was never implemented in the first place its still on the list. I think some rebalancing is needed completely but its still being worked on with some EE's getting buffs etc so it should balance some stuff out I think personally we should wait until force reflect has been nerfed and then seeing if it needs to be modified again from there once all of the EE buffs and other nerfs etc have been completed.
Hydro-signature-1.jpg
Posted Fri at 12:41 pm · Last edited Fri at 12:49 by Hydro
Correct
List
Undo
Ex-Moderator
LOVED
I want to make it clear, from what Titonia has told me about the nerf that is meant to be implemented, I believe that it won't be sufficient as it still requires the EE to sacrifice its life in order to kill the Jedi whilst the Jedi can still stab them. From what Titonia said it means that Jedi reflect 100% damage but take 50% of it. This means an EE can only do half its health in damage to the Jedi. However, the EE will also be being stabbed by the Jedi and shot by troopers before the situation which in most cases would cause the EE to die very quickly making the nerf have essentially no effect on the playstyle as Jedi can still just run at them take the 50% damage, kill the EE and most likely heal instantly afterwards using group heal or just normal heal.

So this suggestion is essentially to replace the already anticipated nerf.

I also think that buffing EEs doesn't really solve much but make it worse for the non-donator players as if it isn't already hard enough for them. Instead, the OP jobs should just be nerfed instead.
Spoiler: Clone Wars HistoryShow
Spoiler: Staff HistoryShow
Posted Fri at 12:52 pm · OP · Last edited Fri at 12:55 by Tugzy
List
Undo
POPULAR
Tugzy is totally right imo. When you pay for a donator job, a lot of what comes in the package, comes back in worth with roleplaying tools. All 3 donator regs have some sort of roleplay level to them, that is definitely above the non-donator regs. You do also get some tools to be superior to non-donation regiments in terms of PVP, although it shouldn't be completely game breaking and demotivating for people who haven't donated to play against/with. In the movies the jedi aren't fucking unkillable either, so I don't get why you wouldn't see that players think its ridiculous, that you can run around like some sort of god. I don't have anything against jedi don't get me wrong, I just don't think its optimal for jedi (or any other donation regiment) to be this powerful.

Although Tugzy has already mentioned this, its good to be clear that buffing EE's will NOT help with the situation lol. I think EE's are at a somewhat stable state atm (apart from snipers, jesus christ), so I don't think they need to be adjusted much further.

Just my opinion though. (:
uWWppqG.jpg
Spoiler: Regimental HistoryShow
Spoiler: NoticesShow
Posted Fri at 05:05 pm · Last edited Fri at 17:06 by Sharp
Thanks Bud
List
Undo
Page
of 3
Top 5 Posters
7241 Posts