Unborn 8.0 Yellow Pointer
Multiverse-Gaming
Updated Forum Rules
Please see our newly updated forum rules to ensure you stay up to date.
Page
of 3

Clone Wars The Hutt Campaign

28 replies
POPULAR
wrote:
Can't wait to execute Nolan

It's honestly hilarious how many people have been saying that xD
Posted Mar 15, 19 · OP
NOTORIOUS
Is it max or nolan we want to kill?
Posted Mar 15, 19
List
Undo
POPULAR
wrote:
Is it max or nolan we want to kill?
It's smelldog syndrome, we want to kill whoever is yelling down the voice amp
Posted Mar 15, 19
POPULAR
miklus wrote:
Can't wait to execute Nolan
Can’t wait to stop you from doing it
Posted Mar 15, 19
POPULAR
Mission 6 complete (Rescue)
Results: Minimal Iron Guard Rescued.
Weapons Crate Found:
Derrick Signas Killed:

OOC: This mission was a result of choices fleet made, for those not in the know before each event starts I've talked with the OD at the time to let them know mission plan and in the case of the missions marked a,b,c given them a choice of 3 of which to do.

Whatever was the last to be picked would effect the storyline - since Iron Guard was last they got this mission.

We're up to the finale now - Tommorow at around 3pm I'm hoping the finale will start, will be a big one and Nolan and Derricks fates will be decided.
Posted Mar 15, 19 · OP
POPULAR
Mission 7 Complete (Finale / Mothership) - details updated
Results: Recordings recovered and sent to Hutt Space
Nolan Sapphire Killed in action.
Derrick Signas Captured

OOC: It's finally over! I'll talk about campaign as a whole in another post or two, but for now I'll focus on this.

The idea of this one was simple - a 2 parter but reversed from normal perspective.

Republic would land on Nolan's ship, in mean time Nolan would take over the venator and the grand finale would be a complete reversal of our standard event. So effectivelly the republic arrive on a CIS frigate and attack the Republic venator defended by CIS battledroids.

I could spend a while explaining the second half but honestly the start of the event was based on this right down to the name.

So basically take fighters to destroy a bunch of rayshield generators that would get access to the ship. To give the other regiments something to do there was also a dupe I made at the back of the ship (the area between the main bridge towers) with it's own generator that a LAAT would need to transport troops to.

On top of that there was a temporary perma death - if you died you'd go back to bunks which was blocked off by a rayshield generator. It wasn't expected that too many would die outside of LAAT explosions or whatever, but if everyone died legitimatly then I guess there'd be a bad ending.

Unfortunatly that's where it went to shit. See a certain 212th that everyone guessed the moment it happened used his explosives that unfreeze props to unfreeze said rayshield. Which meant everyone got loose. Which meant people disabled the rayshield keeping them in - before people were even meant to have landed.

So basically the entire first part got made irrelevent - and worse their ships were of course still spawned so we were pretty laggy for a while. Original plan was that we'd just delete the outside props when everyone was inside but at this point we were playing catch up for half the event which fucked everything up.

We eventually caught up right in time for the final battle - Nolan was holed up in the main bridge along with the last of his droids... yeah we had way too many supers for that lmao. Eventually jedi being completely OP right now meant they broke through and forced Nolan to surrender. Wasn't sure how far I was going to get but yeah every character in the series was designed to be 100% killable.

Funny thing is on top of that Derrick was offering his services as a unique ally for this last bit to redeem himself, but I guess people didn't want that or something lol.

I'll be adding a few more posts to get overall feedback, credits and advise for anyone planning their own (I've already got a shit ton of people PMing me about that lmao)
Posted Sat at 07:05 pm · OP
POPULAR
Turns out there isn't a star wars credits text maker the same way there is for the Intro so whatever xD
Copy
Director: Maxshread Nolan Sapphire: Maxshread Derrick Signas: Toxa (Missions 1-5b) | Space: Mission 5c | Faux: Mission 6 | Bloke: Mission 7 both parts CIS Collaberator: Jake (both appearances) ===Missions=== Jammer: Maxshread LHM Kont Arms Race: Maxshread iShootinq Tuna Clearout: Maxshread Faux Jake iShootinq Desert Storm: Maxshread Faux Toxa Rally: Maxshread LHM Toxa Askelladen Recursion: Maxshread Faux Toxa Rex Collaberator: Maxshread LHM iShootinq Dorani Freedom: Maxshread Jake iShootinq Meeting: Maxshread Rex Rescue: Maxshread LHM Faux Finale / Mothership: Maxshread Rex Jake Side Ops 1 + 2: Max Rex

Posted Sat at 07:27 pm · OP
POPULAR
OOC Overall:

Guess that's it then, to be honest when I set out on this I did want it to be done sooner and a bit more consistantly, but generally between IRL stuff, fleet mandos and people ignoring your planned events (fuck you guys by the way xDDDD) It doesn't really work that way - these things simply take a while and I don't think there's a way around that. The only potential way to stop it I guess would be to make these something the entire staff team commits to for a week or so.

Thanks to everyone that helped in this event, whether you be a staff member, a fleet member or just anyone who chipped in a little.

Generally I don't think this went perfectly, a good chunk of the events were below my standards, but at the same time I think the majority went well and I generally try to be innovative with my event, some of which I hope will be used not quite regularly since that would defeat the point but be part of our toolkit I guess.

In the end I've gotten fairly overwhelmingly positive feedback (though reminder I'm Ok with negative feedback) which is well appreciated and encouraging to me (and others they're springing up everywhere!) to do further campaigns. I'll be taking a bit of a break from doing more for a few weeks probably partly to give time and partly to avoid any burnout xD.

What returns from this one I'll base on feedback (though considering how much people went for them weapon crates will be appearing again).

Here is the spreadsheet I used for the event series, these were updated every so often (at start recursion was censored with no others added) - Just in advance the first part of the sheet got abandoned since fleet weren't really wanting to read it all lol: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rzPfZleMqe9mZ5XU1ifEqDI4p67vUgPVrODHS386yW8/edit?usp=sharing

The Mothership part was done seperatly so the suprise of they took your venator wasn't spoiled:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/18mR1KmlC4I9lUCDnOJNfOVK65BAUDhW1hp3SsTEMj8M/edit?usp=sharing

Just a few questions I have to people on some of these - since obviously the ground perspective is different to the events perspective. These will be used for further feedback and planning future series'.
What Events in the series were your favorite in the series (feel free to select multiple, this isn't a poll)
Did you care about Nolan and Derrick as characters?
Derrick Signas was an attempt to see about breaking the !buddha mould with consistant characters - his HP carried over between different events. Do you think this worked or did you dislike it?
On a scale of 1-10 how much did you want to kill Nolan by the end?
Did you predict Nolan's betrayal/revelation?
Were there any events in the series that you hated / don't want their type to appear again?
Do you want original characters / factions to continue? (So like Nolan for characters and Snorks for factions)
Do you think the series was of a good length?
Did you enjoy the series as a whole?

This final part is sort of my advise to all the people either wanting to do one or asking me for advice, and well I'm forgetful so in either case it's easier to do it here.
Spoiler: Your StoryShow
Spoiler: Your EventsShow
Spoiler: CharactersShow
Spoiler: Series LengthShow
Spoiler: Bonus ObjectivesShow
Spoiler: Forum Post EDITShow
Might remember some more stuff but I'll probs just add to this or something.

BTW I don't know if it was clear before, should be with the questions but yeah - I'm more than happy to let you talk about the campaign in this and any other threads I make for this.
Posted Sat at 08:36 pm · OP · Last edited Sun at 2:07 by Maxshread
POPULAR
Edited previous
Posted Sun at 02:07 am · OP
Page
of 3
Top 5 Posters
6134 Posts
3569 Posts
3529 Posts
3274 Posts
NoticeNotices