Updated 6th August by James
The forums are a place where people can interact and have discussions about different topics. In order to maintain a happy and friendly environment we ask that you follow these guidelines to ensure that the forums have some productive conversation. These rules and guidelines are enforced by administrators and moderators, and at their discretion they may delete posts without warning that do not comply. Also, failure to comply with these rules may result in a ban.
Please be aware ignorance of the rules is not an excuse and you should check regularly for any changes. If you are unsure about the meaning or intention of a rule feel free to send a private message to one of the administrators or forum moderators with your question.
*Staff may be excluded from certain rules
1. General Forum Rules
2. General Posting Guidelines
3. Forum Behavior
5. Private Messaging Rules
Section 1 - General Forum Rules
- This is an English website, all forum posts must be written in English. Any thread topics or replies written in a language other than English may be removed without notice. This is mainly because we cannot moderate languages we do not understand.
- Use the search function before posting, as your question may have already been answered.
- Make sure you are posting in the correct forum before you post. Read other threads in the section get to know it.
- Spam and Advertising are not permitted. A suspension from the forums may be issued if found to be doing so.
- Do not insult any other communities, keep your opinion to yourself to prevent unnecessary flame wars.
- Do not post for banned users unless it is a Courthouse issue. i.e. an unban request, player report, etc.
- Please do not "hijack" a forum thread by changing the subject. If you want to change the subject, please start a new message thread.
- With the exception of using a second account to submit a forum un-ban appeal, you may not under any circumstance register a second forum account without prior authorisation of a Senior Admin+ - If creating a second account for un-ban purposes please include this in the account name.
Section 2 - General Posting Guidelines
- Posts with the intention of invoking un-needed arguments (beef) will be removed.
- Do not post any personal information about you or anyone else. We don't want to know your street address.
- Turn off your caps lock, do not use excessive capitals in your posts. This extends to topic titles.
- Labels must be relevant, and used in limitation to your thread.
- Do not post just to increase your number of posts. If you have nothing to say on a certain matter then don't post. The number of posts on this board has no direct relation to the experience of a member; this is known as shit posting.
- Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning.
- Some forum sections contain their own set of rules that must be followed. Make sure to read them before posting or you may find yourself being issued a forum warning or suspension.
- Do not Backseat Administrator on the forums. If members find a post/thread that is against the rules, use the Post Report feature to report posts. Do not respond to such topics yourself. Those who constantly "act" as forum administrators will be warned or banned.
- Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a ban.
- Members should remember this board is aimed at a general audience. Posting pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
- Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Users linking to or asking for information on warez, crackz, etc. or re-printing material without permission will receive a warning and their post will be removed.
- Members should respect the bandwidth of other users and sites. If showing high-resolution photos insert a link of them instead of using the image tags.
- Members should use an appropriate, descriptive subject when posting a new topic. Examples of bad subjects include; "Help me!", "I'm stuck!", "I've got an error!", etc. Examples of good subjects include; "Getting an TABLE FULL error upon login", "Cannot restore a backup", etc.
- Members must not post on dead threads. If the latest post is more than a few weeks old this may be considered 'necroposting'.
Section 3 - Forum Behavior
- You are allowed to state your opinion about Multiverse, even if it's negative. However, if doing so, please ensure your opinion is based on arguments and is not just spreading hate; plain hate will result in a warning/ban.
- Do not state your opinion about the community or community members randomly in threads, this is unnecessary and off-topic and may lead to a warning being issued.
- Do not insult forum members or staff members. If you do so, you may face a forum warning or suspension.
- Listen to staff decisions on the forums, even if you do not agree. If you fail to do so, you may face a forum warning or suspension.
- Anti-Staff behaviour will not be not tolerated. Any form of repetitive staff disrespect will result in a forum warning or possible suspension.
- Trolling is not permitted. This includes posting multiple times to invoke a thread be derailed and made off topic or baiting another user for a heated response. We also ask you do not feed any forum trolls and simply report their posts.
- No "flaming" or "badgering", writing hostile or insulting messages aimed at other users for their views, comments, status as a user on the site, or any other reason. You can disagree with someone's views and still be polite about it.
- Do not post material that is hateful or mean towards race, religion, sex, or any other offensive nature. You can debate religion and politics in the World News forum, but you can do so WITHOUT being mean or hateful about it.
- Do not post lewd or offensive content, or links to lewd or offensive content. Keep everything Safe for Work, and remember that kids visit the website.
Section 4 - Signatures
- Text sizes should be between small and normal. The content of signatures should not contain spyware, a lot of emoticons, pornographic images and so forth.
- If you paste steamlogs or have a screenshot from a steam chat in your signature, you need to have permission from the person(s) that are chatting with you.
- Do not post any offensive material (text/images) in your signature. Depending on the severity, you may face a forum warning or suspension.
- Do not edit another user's signature with the intent to claim it as your own.
- You may have one image in your signature. If you have more than one the images may be removed without warning.
Section 5 - Private Messaging Rules
- Do not use Private Messaging to contact staff members regarding Ban/Un-ban related issues. Please post in the appropriate forum.
- Do not use Private Messaging to contact staff members requiring help, please post in the appropriate Help & Support forum and await for a response there.
- Do not use the Private Messaging to post disrespectful/offensive text or images to forum members or staff members.
- Do not use Private Messaging to spam. Doing so may lead to a forum warning or suspension.